Monday, November 27, 2023

"WHERE ARE THEY NOW" ~ #27 ~ GERRY THOMPSON




Continuing on in my little series, "Where Are They Now", today I am featuring Gerry Thompson. Former alum and staff member at Prairie College, Gerry is an award winning artist whose works are found all over the world. She has been featured in books, magazines and gallery shows. Gerry was good friends with both my Mom and my mother in law and when Catherine Kirk Rendall and I were married she gifted us with a lovely print of some prairie elevators. I am not an art critic but in my opinion Gerry's treatment of water, glass and porcelain is 2nd to none. Many times you will think you are looking at a photograph. 

(Note: many of the folks I will be featuring are of the artsy variety . . . musicians, authors, painters, etc. as that is my interest and what I follow. If you can offer support by liking them on social media, purchasing some of their products and spreading the word, I am sure that would be much appreciated!)  


Check out Gerry's website below . . . www.gerrythompson.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment